Saturday 12 May 2018

I Spy Book Challenge

As many of you already know, I have a TBR problem. Throughout the year, I have been looking for various ways to highlight my plight and focus on these books in the hope of reducing these staggering numbers. Every meme, every book tag that makes me go through my piles searching for books that fit the criteria is another reminder of 1. just how how many unread books I have and 2. a reminder of exactly which books I have gathering dust around the house.

I first spotted this tag at Joseph’s The Once Lost Wanderer, then Fanda @Classic Lit picked it up. It seemed like something I'd enjoy playing along with too.

The I Spy Book Challenge is pretty simple. Find a book on your TBR pile that contains either imagery or words that portray each subject. A separate book for all 20 please.


All my books are about the word.


1. Food



2. Transportation



3. Weapon



I had to stretch the friendship on this one a little.
I don't read a lot of crime so the best weapon I could find was an ancient curse!

4. Animal



5. Number



6. Something you read



7. Body of water



8. Product of fire



9. Royalty



10. Architecture



11. Item of clothing



12. Family member



13. Time of Day



14. Music



15. Paranormal Being



16. Occupation



17. Season



18. Colour



19. Celestial Body



20. Something that grows



One day I promise to read you all!

Have you read any of these books?
Which one should a read next?
If you've made it all the way to the end of this post, consider yourself tagged. Proceed at your leisure.

6 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of your list, but boy... aren't those covers gorgeous! I'm curious with Nocturnes. I own The Buried Giant but haven't read it yet. I loved Ishiguro's The Remains of the Day. Hopefully his latest boks are as good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adored The Buried Giant, but some have found it dull. I suspect my Japanese reading phase will last a while longer yet, so hopefully Nocturnes will get a look in soon.

      Thanks for inspiring me to do this meme 😊

      Delete
  2. Great challenge is it not? Good choice of books as well. I have not read any of the books but Mitford and Toibin are favourites.
    Sometimes it is good with challenges like this that make you go through what you have. One tends to forget what is there, at least I do. Good luck with the reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read Quartet in Autumn. It's fabulous. I want to read more Pym.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list with some interesting choices! I've only read Strangers on a Train and The Heather Blazing, and if those I'd recommend Heather most strongly, though I enjoyed the other one too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like going through my shelves to try and find books that fit different challenges too. It's always a nice reminder of what I have, and that I don't need to constantly be buying more!

    ReplyDelete

This blog has now moved to Wordpress.
Please visit This Reading Life to comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.